Monday 28 September 2015

Civil War Interview - Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Replacing Captain America

Civil War Interview - Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Replacing Captain America

Plus Chris Evans Reveals Plot Details

By Alex Burns



Marvel Universe actors Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan were present at the Salt Lake Comic-Con and each have offered up some pretty intriguing comments concerning Captain America: Civil War. The next big Marvel movie, Civil War is being billed as Avengers 2.5 as Captain America and Iron Man clash along with a whole host of their superhero friends. Evans has elaborated on just why these two heroes are coming to blows in the movie check out his comments below.

“Tony actually thinks we should be signing these accords and reporting to somebody and Cap, who’s always been a company man and has always been a soldier, actually doesn’t trust anymore. Given what happened in Cap 2, I think he kind of feels the safest hands are his own, and these are understandable concerns, but this is tough, because even reading the script, you think I think I agree with Tony in a way, and I do agree that to make this work, you do need to surrender to the group. It can’t just be one person saying this is right and this is what we’re going to do.’

“But Cap has his reasons, he certainly has his reasons, and he is a good man and his moral compass is probably the cleanest, This is a tough thing. This is what made it so interesting while we were filming, and it’s hopefully what will make the movie great is nobody’s right, nobody’s wrong. There’s no clear bad guy here. We both have a point of view, which is akin to most disagreements in life and politics.”

Mackie and Stan were also questioned about the future of their roles in the MCU and whether, like in the comics, their characters would take on the role of Captain America.

“I don’t think we need a new Cap. I don’t think Cap needs to change,” Mackie said. “I think (Sebastian Stan) would be a great Cap, but then we’re left without Bucky. I think I’d be a great Cap, but then we’re left without a Falcon.”

“I’ll say this: They sure like to dangle a cheese in front of my nose a lot,” Stan said. “They’re like ‘Oh yeah, that’s where you pick up the shield,’ and I’m like, ‘Yeah, I’ve heard that one before. There it is again.’ But I don’t know. If I could say one thing, if anyone can have anything to do with it, to make it happen, is you.”

Speculation has been rife that Chris Evans may be coming to the end of his tenure as Captain America but we'll have to wait and see how this plays out. Captain America: Civil War is set for release May 6th 2016

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam will replace Steve rogers, he is indeed a good human being and he can be the easiest legacy of captain america.
    how to make a paper airplane

    ReplyDelete