Friday 25 September 2015

Wonder Woman Screenwriter Describes The DC Universe On Film

Wonder Woman Screenwriter Describes The DC Universe On Film

"Very Different" to the MCU and Fox's X-Men Franchise

By Alex Burns



In an interview with Collider Wonder Woman screenwriter Jason Fuchs and he has spoken at length about his experience so far working on projects connected to the DC Extended Universe. Fuchs comments on the high level of secrecy and also how the DC take will differ from other current superhero cinematic ventures. 

“This is what I would say. When you work for DC, it’s sort of like working for the CIA. You have a vow of silence. I think, as we speak, Zack Snyder’s gonna come in here and put a muzzle on me. The trouble with these things is that you really can’t say much. So I’m excited about everything that’s going on in that universe. And I’ve certainly read the same reports you’ve read about my involvement and what that might be, but I can only speak to it as a fan. I can tell you, I am someone who from a very young age was a huge fan of DC Comics. A huge fan of that key troika in the Justice League of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, as well as all the other characters.

“So I am very, very happy that that DC Cinematic Universe is finally being fleshed out. I don’t think it’s any secret that people who have seen the Batman v Superman trailer, the Suicide Squad trailer can see that this is a very different cinematic universe than the one that Marvel has constructed over at Disney, or the one that Simon Kinberg and company have constructed with X-Men over at Fox. It’s a really specific, grand, slightly darker, slightly grittier place. As a fan of those comic books, a fan of those movies, I’m excited to see where it goes next.”

DC is finally making the jump to producing a DC Universe on film like Marvel have enjoyed with the likes of the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. Next year we have Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad before the Justice League come together in 2017. For more on what to expect from the DC Extended Universe check out our editorial on the issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment