Wednesday 22 July 2015

Gal Gadot Interview on Playing Wonder Woman in 'Batman v Superman' - Actress Addresses Fan Expectations and Becoming a Female Role Model

Gal Gadot Interview on Playing Wonder Woman in 'Batman v Superman'

Actress Addresses Fan Expectations and Becoming a Female Role Model

By Alex Burns



Interview Magazine has run a feature on actress and model Gal Gadot and managed to steer conversation towards her upcoming role as Wonder Woman in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'. This will be the first mega budget iteration of the character on screen and fans and audiences alike are eager to see the hero alongside the Dark Knight and Man of Steel. Check out a few choice comments from the interview below.

Gadot on the importance of strong female characters in cinema
“When I just started as an actress, you go to L.A. and the managers and the agency set up general meetings with directors and writers. They always ask you the same questions: “What are you looking for? What types of movie would you like to do?” And I always said, “I’m open.” I’m very open to all different genres because I’m a very open-minded girl. But eventually, I told them that I wanted to be able to show the stronger side of women. I didn’t want to do the obvious role that you see in Hollywood most of the time, which is the heartbroken girl who’s waiting to be rescued by the guy, blah, blah, blah. I wanted to do something different. Little did I know that I would land Wonder Woman not long after.”
On The responsibility of playing Wonder Woman
Oh, my God, I’m so excited about this role. I feel like I’ve been given a huge opportunity to inspire people, not only women. And not because of me but because of who Wonder Woman is and what she stands for. There’s a lot of responsibility. But I have the best team and the best people to work with. It’s going to be an amazing ride, knock on wood.
What about meeting audience expectations?
No matter what you do, you can never please them all. People will always have something to say because that’s the way people are. And it’s okay. But for me, it’s my job. It’s my career. It’s my art. Whatever I do, I take it very seriously and I do my research and I give it my best. I just want to be able to shine and inspire people. And it’s not just about me. It’s the script and the story and the acting. I hope people are going to love it.

Gadot also showed of her modelling talents in a tasteful photoshoot, for the full gallery of images from the shoot and complete interview check out Interview Magazine. Gal Gadot joins Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' which is set for release March 25th 2016. For more on the highly anticipated movie check out our trailer analysis here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment